One third the size of the United States, India is home to over one billion people. The diversity and complexity of this country provide incredible challenges to its leaders. Despite recent economic growth, India still faces an incredible lack of basic resources for many of its people. There are vast challenges in creating a sustainable infrastructure that would cure challenges in sanitation, health care, education and housing. 35% of the world’s illiterate people live in India. Although schooling is free and compulsory from 6-14 years of age, facilities are often inadequate. Approximately 40% of students, mostly girls, drop out by secondary school. Without a dramatic shift in addressing this situation, it is estimated that by the year 2020 over 50% of the illiterate population will live in India. The Tripura Foundation has 101 active Hope Learning Centers in India aimed at providing a solution for this high-risk population of students. Here they can receive Phonemic Intelligence technology, yoga, nutrition and the support they need to stay in school until they can successfully graduate. Our goal is to help local rural communities transform by giving their youth a brighter future. Many of the children attending Hope Learning Centers come back and help bring positive change to their communities to end the cycle of suffering. We provide additional community assistance by supporting abandoned elders through Hope for the Elderly and hosting community feedings when they are most needed through Million Meals of Hope.
- Hats Off to Our Hope Alumni | Examples of Each Child’s Potential Journey of Hope! October 26, 2023
- Entrepreneurship | Supporting Independence for Hope Children! October 25, 2023
- “I experienced beautiful happy, joyful energy in exchange for my donation to the Food For All Centers initiative”. August 31, 2023
- Be An Angel of Hope | 12 Elders In Need of Sponsorship July 24, 2023
- How An Act of Love and Compassion Gives Back Manifold! June 30, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.